Many of you are looking to escape to India’s best holiday destination, Goa to either work from home or to beat the stress of the ongoing pandemic. But here are a few things you need to keep in mind before planning a trip to Goa in June 2021.
Taking into consideration the rise of Covid cases in Goa, the Government of Goa imposed new restrictions in the state on the 6th of June 2021 which will remain effective till 14th June 2021. Section 144 has come into action which restricts public gatherings, marriages, and other activities unless approved by the government. A few essential services are allowed to stay open with restrictions. Read about all you need to know below.
Goan Insider presents the Goan Collective
Are your a Creator or a Business Owner?
Get yourself or your business listed on the Goan Collective and increase your brand awareness. Also get to know your fellow creators and entrepreneurs from Goa in our members only networking eventsLearn More
- Only those carrying Covid negative test reports for a test done a maximum of 72 hours prior to entering Goa are allowed into the state.
- Hotels, resorts, and other establishments in the hospitality sector will only be allowed to cater to in-house guests, residents, and staff.
- Only restaurants which are able to provide home delivery and takeaways can remain functional.
- Essential stores such as grocery stores and supermarkets, medical stores, stationery shops are allowed to stay open between 7 AM to 3 PM and can carry out home delivery options at any time excluding liquor. Only standalone liquor shops with takeaway options may remain open from 7 AM to 3 PM, however, home delivery of liquor is prohibited.
- Fuel pumps will be functional.
- Casinos and bars are to remain closed.
- River cruises, waterparks, other entertainment parks, swimming pools, cinema halls, theatres, and entertainment zones within shopping malls remain shut.
- Gyms, spas, massage parlors, and saloons cannot remain functional.
- Religious and educational institutions remain shut.
Those violating the above rules will be subjected to strict actions from the Government of Goa. On the 14th of June, we shall learn of the new guidelines set by the Goa Government.
Do you have a story to share with the world? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Instagram and Facebook to stay updated